This article will give you a brief summary of the Simple app's core principles, its unique take on Intermittent Fasting, and meal tracking. Completing this short read will help you quickly adapt the Simple methodology and gain a better understanding of the app's mechanics.
1. Simple is more than a fasting tracker
As you begin using Simple, you'll notice that it offers much more than just fasting tracking functionality. That is because, essentially, Simple is a meal tracker that utilizes various Intermittent Fasting techniques to build a foundation for your new, happier, and healthier lifestyle.
2. Fasts are directly related to your dietary habits
Unlike other apps, Simple treats each fasting period as an intermission between two meals. This is different from other apps that track your fasting periods but do not track your meals.
3. Fasts start and end with a meal
Following up on the previous statement, every fasting episode you track in Simple starts and ends with logging a meal in the app:
- Every fast you start with Simple begins with logging the latest meal you had before starting the fast;
- Every fast you complete with Simple ends with logging the meal you had to end your fast.
4. Making Adjustments: Edit Meals, not Fasts
With the previous three facts in mind, it is not technically possible to edit your previously logged fasts in Simple. If you would like to make some edits to your fasting log, please edit meal entries instead.
And that does it for this tutorial! Keeping up with so many differences might seem tricky at first, but give it a few days and you'll see these ideas will integrate naturally into your everyday life!